The Tasks of a Bookkeeper
A bookkeeper is someone who records the financial transactions of your business. They also:
- Keep track of sales, purchases, payments and receipts
- Work on the design maintenance and review of internal business processes
- Organize, collate and record financial data on a day-to-day basis and store this information in general ledgers
- Record the financial information of your business in a standard way, so that accountants can also access it.
Why Do You Need Us?
If you started your own business, it’s likely that you’re passionate about running it and concentrating on the tasks you love doing. But if you’re like most business owners, you’re not so interested or experienced in recording all the details of every financial transaction. Bookkeeping can be a time-intensive activity and your time is better spent growing your business.
Without proper bookkeeping, it would be easy for transactions to go unrecorded, left to pile up until the end of a financial period. Mistakes could be made and important details could be lost or forgotten.
That’s where the JDM bookkeepers come in. We can lighten the load on your business, accurately report your finances and free up your time to grow your business.
What do we actually do?
The staff at JDM are trained and use the same financial recording methods as accountants. We do this so that your accountant can quickly and easily process your financial information. We will:
- Take all your receipts, invoices and other transaction details.
- Record the information in accounting software using proper accounting methods.
- Work with you to make sense of the numbers, for example assigning costs to specific clients.
But there’s more to bookkeeping than recording daily transactions. We are highly skilled at using accounting software. We will be able to advise you on:
- Add-on solutions to streamline your business workflow.
- Payroll solutions to simplify the way you pay your staff.
- Bookkeeping clean-up services to tidy up mistakes made by inexperienced staff.
- Training for small business owners and their employees on using accounting software.
We can also offer day-to-day support for small business owners. In fact, a good bookkeeper is your partner in keeping things running smoothly within your business.
How are we different to accountants?
Bookkeeping is a vital service. But how does it differ from accounting? The two services are often compared but they are complementary:
- Bookkeepers do the day-to-day work and bring the accounts up to a high standard of detail and accuracy. They can also advise you on issues that might affect you in the near future, such as cash flow problems or late invoice payment.
- Accountants will look at the accounts that have been created, often on a quarterly basis. They will make any minor adjustments required. They will use the information in the accounts to file tax returns and other official reports. They will also provide high level business advisory services.
At JDM Business Services LLC, we will work directly with your accountant to provide a seamless flow of information while minimizing the need for you, the business owner, to act as a ‘middle-man’. A perfect partnership is created between business owner, bookkeeper and accountant in order to effectively and efficiently run your business.
The Cost of Hiring a Bookkeeper
For all of the tasks handled by a bookkeeper, it may seem like a cost that you are not able to afford. Quite the opposite is true.
- We complete bookkeeping, payroll and other administrative tasks in a fraction of the time spent by small business owners and their staff.
- Only pay for the hours that you need and with little or no overhead and no infrastructure expenses.
- Our bookkeeping rates are on average 50% less than bookkeeping rates charged by a CPA firm.
Restore Balance to Your Business
“JDM Business Services LLC has been providing bookkeeping services for InSync Training since 2012. Our business is complex, providing consulting and training products to clients around the world. JDM’s staff have become an integrated part of our team and daily operations, supporting our rapid growth and continuously changing business model. I highly recommend JDM for businesses requiring accounting and bookkeeping services.”